Tuesday 10 April 2012

Scrappy Tuesday - Our Little Star

Hello Peeps

I do hope you haven't all been washed away with this weather we are having at the moment.  I am not going to whinge about it as we are in desperate need for rain though I wish it didn't have to fall heavily at the exact time I left the office for home!  I actually had hail go down the back of my neck and right down my back was wet!  Yuk!

Right, on to tonight's post.  I am showing you a post which I actually did some time ago - 2009 in fact when I was on a retreat in Cornwall with Just Scrapbooking.  We were actually exploring the concept of Inchies and I just could not "get" it!  Poor Linda went away that evening a little upset as I did  not seem to be enjoying the workshop.  However, persisted I did and by the morning I had the makings of this layout.  It is actually one of my favourite layouts too.  I hope you like it....



The lovely dog you see there is "Hironomous" a Blenheim King Charles Spaniel.  He was sent to us to foster for "a couple of weeks".  The owner never came back to claim him and so we were lucky to have him for some 8 years before he died of a heart attack during the particularly hot summer of 2003 (yes we did have one once!).  We consider ourselves lucky to have had him and I would love another but we don't agree with puppy farming and prefer "second hand" dogs so the likliehood of us having another one are slim!  Our Little Star!!

If you ever get chance to go on a retreat with Linda, it is worthwhile going.  I have been again and enjoyed it each time.  Hopefully I will go again soon, but not this year.

Ho Hum!

Thanks for looking and please leave me a comment. 

Hugs

Hettie

5 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

Wow, a lot of work went into this. The consept of inchies seems a bit intimidating to me. Such a small work area. I think you did a fabulous job! I love all your little details.
Kate

Bernie said...

Holy Moly that took a lot of work and what a lovely result! I have never tried inchies.
I'd never heard of King Charles Spaniels but this one is adorable. We have Purebred Dog Rescue organizations here. They are volunteer, nonprofit organizations dedicated to placing unwanted and abandoned purebred dogs into loving homes. Our friends adopted the sweetest Welch Corgi from such an organization. Don’t know if you have them there but goggle Purebred (dog breed) rescue and see what you can find. Good luck.
Hugs

Sarn said...

Great layout for a scrapbook page here Sam. Sweet looking dog. xxx

Sarn said...

Happy WOYWW and Happy Hump day too! xxx

karen said...

Hi Sam! I love this layout! Hironimous was a real sweetheart I can tell from this picture! And well loved too! Those inchies are fab! They are all their own little works of art! It must have taken quite some time to make them all!
I hope you are well! I haven't been for a visit for a bit so I have some catching up to do!
xoxo Karen