Monday 21 May 2012

Diamond Anniversary Cards Snippets

Hello Peeps

I know.  I have been a bad blogger lately.  I haven't been keeping up with things.  However, that does not mean I have not been "doing" things.  I have been a bit of a busy Bunny finishing things off and I will show you one of those projects tomorrow evening, all being well, i.e. we actually have internet! 

In the meantime, I thought I would share some Diamond Anniversary cards which a friend of mine asked me to make for her Aunt and Uncle who celebrated 60 years of marriage last week.  I haven't seen my friend yet as she is on holiday so do not know whether they were liked. There are two cards because one was to be from my friend (and Hubby) and the other to be from her Mum.  It is quite tricky doing this I think because you have to make them completely different, i.e. different images and different stamps.   Also, I couldn't find a diamond anniversary stamp and quite frankly, it is not a stamp I would use enough to warrant the pennies.  

Well here is card 1......
A mixture of Penny Black and Stampin Up stamps, Echo Park papers (from the snippets box :-)), ribbon, premade flowers (Kaisercraft), Nesties and two diamonds in the flowers (holding the mini tag on).

And here is card 2.....
Again papers from my Snippets box (I WILL get that empty some time soon). These were left over from the layout I showed you last week.   Flowers cut from Sizzix die. embossed with my embossing folders and curled petals, layered and diamonds adhered in the centres.  Tim Holtz "lace" and brads (forgot I had those - oops! )
Some more of the Echo Park paper in there - gotta love those papers.  
Here are those layers in close up.

My friend who ordered them was very pleased with them and agreed the "diamonds" were nicer than "60"s on the cards! Phew!

Right, off to link these with the lovely Pixie as they are mainly made from my Snippets box.  As the weather is sooo nice at the moment and the playground is just about stiffening up after all that rain, I will see if there are any pogo sticks left in the shed.  Why not join us in the Snippets Playground?  Just make something, anything using snippets and link up with the Keeper of the Keys.

Thanks for looking and please lave me a comment.

Hettie

9 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards Sam! I especially love the flowers on the second card, they are really pretty :)

Hugs, Karen xx

Helen said...

Such beautiful cards!!! And such a milestone (much in vogue this year, diamond celebrations..)

Sarn said...

WOW - these are just beautiful Sam. I particularly like the dimensional flowers on the second one.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Samantha, I'm so glad I've found your blog, I kept getting the darn google circles, talk about a fuss over nothing LOL Anyway I wanted to say thanks for your lovely comments and what gorgeous cards you've been making:0) These two are just stunning, love the details on the first and the pretty flowers on the second, black and gold/ (silver?) are so sophisticated, Gay xx

Di said...

I love both of them Sam - just perfect for the occasion. Beware, I'm back in the UK now :) Off to bed, absolutely shattered and why is it that your own bed is so inviting after being away?

Di xx

Kate Yetter said...

Wowzer, Sam! These are amazing! Whoever gets these is lucky.
Kate

Mrs A. said...

Wow. These are both super. Loved the first one and then scrolled down to the second one and can,t stop looking at those lovely flowers. Hugs Mrs A.

Carol said...

Two beautiful snippet cards Hettie, both perfect for the occasion. Carol x

Kim said...

Those are both beautiful! I'm sure they will love them! And I think I need to acquire that sizzix die for the 2nd one...sometimes you just need frilly flowers! LOL!