Monday 13 August 2012

Happy Birthday Mackensie - ATS Bingo Card

Hello Bloggers

I will apologise now for any errors in this post but I am writing this whilst watching the Closing Ceremony of the Olympics so am basically touch typing while I watch what is happening!  Loving it.  I also want to say Well Done to the guys and gals who have brought a GREAT Olympics from the people who built it, the volunteers working there, volunteers, children and stars who worked on the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, organisors and of course.....the Athletes.  BRILLIANT!  You all deserve gold medals!

Right.  Down to business.  Today's card.  It is a birthday card for my Best Friend's daughter Mackensie who will be 10 on Wednesday.  Where has the time gone since I first held her in my arms?  I have used the ATS's Bingo Card Challenge to create this card.  


I chose the line Flowers, Emboss and Ribbon.  So here is the first photo which shows the embossing, ribbon and the true colours of the card....

The second card shows the flowers on the bottom of the card......
And here is the complete card, which also shows the decorated envelope.  Unfortunately, the colours are not  quite as they should be.  The previous photographs are more accurate.  Not sure why as they were all taken at the same time.  I cannot rephotograph it as I popped down to give the Birthday Girl her card and pressie today ready for Wednesday.  Ho Hum.
I have also used Snippets to make this card so I shall be popping it into the Playground too!  Can you believe we are on week 33 already?  Gosh this year is flying by very fast! 

Right then.  I am sorry to make this short but I want to see the rest of the party.  I also want one of those red outfits that the girls who accompanied the flag bearers are wearing.  I wonder if we will see them on eBay in my size??

Thanks for joining me and before I go I must say Hi to Ann, Natasha, Zoe and Barbara and a huge Thank You for following me and also I mustn't forget LLJ who joined me earlier this week.  Five new followers in one week!  Thank you to all my Followers for choosing to fly with me!

TTFN and I hope you all have a good week.  What are we going to do with no Olympics now?  Oh yes I know.  Crafting with CDs on and little distraction!

Hugs

Hettie


11 comments:

Sarn said...

Ah that's sweet Sam xxx

Di said...

Really cute Sam, love the colours! Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, lovely to see you join us at ATS this week with this pretty, card such a cute image and beautifully coloured. The little flowers are just perfect as is the design of this gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing and good luck.

Marie

Lynn said...

Wonderful card - I particularly like the colour combo. Lynn x

Mrs A. said...

Loving the buttons. I have the same problem with mauve coming out a royal blue colour. Don't know why the camera changes it. Hugs Mrs a.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card for a 10 year old and perfect for our challenge at ATS. Thanks for joining us this week.

Karen x

Canonbury creations said...

Love the button ef and the flowers Sam, thanks for playing along this week at ATS
Val x

Belinda Basson said...

As a rule, camera's don't like shooting blue or red, they get the colour wrong in blues and no detail in red...an on going battle I find.

I LOVE the button embossing folder and the flower paper you did it on is just fabulous, I would never have thought to do that.

Back to my day with the Ellies...they are truly remarkable animals and I had to do 3 pages of photos as it was such a special day and I wanted to remember every little detail. Your friend should come do this if she is so mad about them, you can also ride on them too for an extra R800 about 90 pounds, but that was a bit out of our budget.

Victoria said...

Cor 5 new followers, eh? Wait till they get to know you!! :) I'm soooo behind with blogs so I'll be back to have a proper nosey tomorrow at the things I've missed but I'm coming with my DT hat on at the moment so....
love the embossing with those bright colours. I think colours like that are so hard to combine well but they look ever so stylish here with the blue and black theme. I think Mackensie will love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATS :)

Kylie said...

Wonderful use of the Bingo Card, Hettie. I love what you have done with your flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at ATS xx

Mandy R. said...

Mackensie did love the card,she said it was beautiful, especially as it included blue, her favourite colour! She always looks forward to opening Auntie Sam's cards, excited to see what beautiful design she has crafted. I need a bigger box now to keep all the gorgeous cards in that you have made,as each one is treasured. Thank you xxxxxx