Wednesday 24 October 2012

WOYWW 177- Back Again!!

Hello Friends

Yep! It is Wednesday, aka Hump Day, středa, mercredi  mercoledì, miércolesmiercuri, dimecresMarcuridies Mercurii, Mittwoch, Wodanstag, сряда sryadasrijedaсреда sredaśroda, среда sredáсреда/sreda or cриједа/srijedastredasredaсереда sereda), Keskiviikko, Miðvikudagur, Mikudagur,  Ónsdagur, and Onsdag. (Thanks Wikipedia!)  If I have missed your language, please feel free to comment!

So as is customary in Blogland I am here to take part in the mid-week/fourth day/third day, depending how you look at it, blog hop aka WOYWW.  So without further ado...da da da da da daaaaaaa........(turn away if you have an aversion to busy desks...yes you Sandra!).... my desk is not messy...it is busy!!

I took this photo straight after completing my homework which the Mistress of the Desks set at THE Crop......and it is still like that now!
and.......

Miss Julia gave us a card, a Snippet of lace and ribbon, some sparklies. a heart, a flower and a house.  So I created a door complete with knob (apparently a little known factoid but there are more black front doors in Wales than any other part of the UK, apart from Downing Street possibly!  Ours is wood colour as it is wooden!! Logical really!)  I added some Snippets of the papers I was using at THE Crop, some more ribbon, some lace which the friendly Pixie gave to me and a map with arrow and some Martha Stewart punching.  Oh! and a title cut with my Cricut!   Abracadabra, a layout of the day was born.

Now here is what you do now.  You kindly leave me a comment (please) then you link on the WOYWW and you hop over to Miss Julia's blog and you enjoy a hop around the world via crafting desks!  I will then call by to see your desk later as I have work and then dancing.  If I don't get to you today I will call by later in the week.



TTFN and thanks for calling by.



Hettie






28 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Ohhh, you used your gift bag items wisely...what a great idea to turn the house into a card flap and then lefting reveals the fun of the day!
Looks great!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Greatvuse of your gift bag! Have a creative week hugstrace x 46

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Dydd Mercher??? :)

Love the way you've incorporated all the elements of the day into the LO - it looks fab and I love what you've done with the house too!
Of course the velvet will turn up the moment the postie's been - 'tis the Law of Sod, lol!! Have fun with all the beady playing :D
Hugs, LLJ #66 xx

Belinda Basson said...

Love what you have done here, such special memories!

Jackie said...

I love your desk, it reminds me of mine lol
Have a lovely day :)

Helen said...

How clever - what a great layout, and a lovely memory of the fabulous day. Helen, 19

Annie said...

Love the LOs of the crop....happy memories captured to perfection.
Hugs,
A x #68

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time at the crop, and fabulous reminder of it as well.

And I agree, a busy desk, not a messy one.

Carolyn #102

Anonymous said...

Another one spotted no welsh there Mrs, hmm? Come on now ;)

Lovely layout and a perfect way to remember the special day.

Happy WOYWW xx

Unknown said...

so nice to have a lovely memory of your fun crop...you missed the greek word Tetarti...or better still in the Greek alpha Τεταρτι...happy scrapping

Sarn said...

Nos da! (For later!)

"BUSY" is the new messy! Fabulous dahlink!!!!

Love your layout/homework! You did a grand job (I've gone all Yorkshire now!).

Hugs
Sarn xxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love what you've done with all the bits from the crop! I've saved mine to do a page or 2 in my Smash books. Take care Zo xx 71

Ann B said...

I love a messy desk Sam, as you can see from mine. Yours looks like one of those memory games. You know the ones where they have loads of items on a tray and you have 30 seconds to remember them. Then they take an item off and you have to identify which one has gone.
Love the layout - just wish I'd been there.

Just back from walking the dog and catching up on a few desks.
Ann B #70

Unknown said...

I love what you have made from the bits and pieces. I was gutted at missing the crop due to illness:-(((

Carol

Karen McAlpine said...

Great page!! Sounds like everyone had a great time at the crop!!
Karen 129

shazsilverwolf said...

Thats a fantastic record of your crop day.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #107

Caz said...

And I thought mine was messy....... ;-)
You can't be creative and tidy though so that means you must be a very creative person, right?? :-)
Happy WOYWW
Caz
#143

Erika said...

Your desk is just like mine...busy!
Love your LO and would have loved to join the crop but live too far north.
Have a great Wednesday, hugs Erika. Coming from room 101 this week!

Twiglet said...

What a fab momento of your brilliant day! x Jo #79

okienurse said...

Great layout! Love the way you used the items out of the gift bag. I am saving nickels to get to the next crop WOYWW puts on! Hope you have a great week. Vickie #91

kay said...

great way to remember your fun day
have a super woyww
kay #57

Words and Pictures said...

Of course it's busy - we can all see that! Great results on the homework... have a great week!
Alison x
#35

Kim said...

Very cute layout...and now we have a way to locate your door...one year and counting...

Di said...

Fabulous LO Sam - love the way you used our little bit of homework. A special reminder indeed of a very special day! I think I was there too :) Hugs, Di xx

lisa said...

Your LO is great, Sam. I love how all the flaps open up to reveal the photos.
You look as though you used your gift bag very well in deed and now have a lovely reminder of your great day.
I'm playing truant from WOYWW this week, no crafting happening, boo hoo!!
Hugs Lisax

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Sam
I like a messy, Opps I mean busy desk, soo much more interesting.
Love your layouts mine is still in my head (like most things). I think I might need to join your magpies group..... I'm a stuff collector and not afraid to say it LOL
Good luck with the beading.. I asume thats what you are doing... sometime I should post my bead collection, but my desk isnt big enough
have a good week
janet #58

Craftychris said...

Fabulous layout! The crop sounds like great fun! Have a good week xx #122

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh brilliant. I can forgive you that wonderful double layer desk because of the fab LO , lovely way to record the day...am slightly unnerved that you've titled it Crop 1!!!