Saturday 17 August 2013

Vietnam Scrapbook Album Part 2

Hello Friends

Another weekend and another damp one for us in the UK.  Looks like the weather is back to normal now and aren't the nights drawing in quickly now or is it just me?

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my showing of my Vietnam Album last week.  So today I thought I would give you another instalment with the next four pages.  

We stayed two nights at Hoi An and this really is a beautiful and very old city.  This river ran straight through the middle of it and I got to see lots of dragonflies in the evening light.  Beautiful.

This Japenese Bridge was a wonderful old footbridge (and the odd cyclist) under which lives a dragon who's tail is in Japan.  It is alleged that if the Dragon is happy everything is ok, but if not, Japan gets an earthquake.
There are four monkeys which guard the bridge and the candles are lit all day.
Here we are at 5 am preparing for our first cycle ride of the trip.  We cycled to My Son which is a sacred place full of temples and burial places.  Unfortunately, during the conflict, it was used as a base for the US Army and was left in a pretty sorry state.  However, it still had an air about it of a sacred place and the carvings were spectacular.   "Xin Chao" is what children would shout to us when we passed through towns and villages!  It means "hello"!
One of our group photos which proved tricky at times as we would wander in all directions, but fun anyway.

I apologise for the reflection of the pages in the album, but the pages are pretty tricky to remove due to all the embellishments.  

Thanks for calling by.  Please leave a comment so I know you have been. Have a great crafty weekend.

Hettie

9 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh this looks like such a wonderful holiday-a place I would love to visit.

Kyla

Belinda Basson said...

I am enjoying your trip! Keep it coming! love the commentary too.

Karen Petitt said...

These are wonderful Sam, thank you so much for sharing some more with us. I love your papers and embellishments - I have some of those K&Co lanterns in my use it up pile!
I really hope we are going to see some more? Thanks for sharing Karen xx

Kate Yetter said...

Hello Sam, so I love your pages. The Asian flair very much appeals to me. Loving the papers and your oriental touches. Lovely pictures. Looks like a fabulous place to visit. I remember my dad telling me stories about Vietnam when he was stationed over there during the war.Thanks for sharing.

scrappymo! said...

These layouts are so lovely Sam! Love the Oriental flair you have accomplished with this book.
My fave page is the dragon! He is spectactular...
The story of the dragonflies is so interesting and nice that you used the dragonfly stamps on this page.

Di said...

Fabulous pages Sam - and I love hearing about your adventure.

Hugs, Di xx

Stamping With Bibiana said...

all the embellishments papers and die cuts are so appropriate! well done
thanks for sharing
bibiana

Sarn said...

Sounds like an amazing adventure and I'm sure it was a lot more hard work than you're making it sound. GREAT pictures and treasured memories.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful pages... I love those rich reds and golds of the backgrounds - great to see some more of the adventure too.
Alison x