Sunday 22 September 2013

80th Birthday Card

Hello Friends  

I hope you have had a good weekend.  I was at a Quilting Workshop yesterday with friends where I started making a quilted runner with C fabrics.  However I had to skip out a little early as I went to pick my Dance Teacher up so we could go to Swansea for the AGM of the local RSCDS group followed by a Dance.  A great day was had all round.  The only fly on the ointment was the fog on the M4 coming home.  

Today I have been playing in my Craft Room and I will share my makes very soon, once I can photograph them in daylight.

For tonight I will share with you a card and box which I made for my friend's Mother to give to her Sister on her 80th Birthday.  You will remember I made a Diamond Wedding Anniversary card a month or so ago, well this is to go to the same lady as my friend's Mum liked what I did so much.  

Here is the box I made.....
With some gems on that I have had forever so VOS, some ribbon and a K&Co tag.  I had been told the card was bring posted hence why I made a box to protect the card.  Here is the card....
I used my TH birdcage and label dies, SU embossing folder which my Special Friend bought for my birthday, Martha Stewart around the page and butterfly punches, Sizzix NBUS flower die, number sizzlits and my lovely flourish die.  The small yellow flower in the centres are from a punch.  
I had to add some VOS pearls in the centres of the flowers and on the butterflies.  The veins were drawn in my hand using Copics.
And I printed a centre sentiment and added the little embossed birdie in the middle.  Both the commissioner and the recipient were pleased with what I did for them.  Phew!

There are a lot of Snippets used as well as some "stolen" property.  When I was mulling over what I was going to make I had pulled out several pieces of cardstock including some which belonged to my friend and which she had left on my desk when she visited a few days before - oops!  She has forgiven me!!

I am entering this into Snippets - of course.
                                        CMC Copic Challenge Group - anything goes - copics
                                        Hiding in my Craft Room - lots of layers

I would also like to say Hello and Thank You to my latest Follower Karen.  Nice to have you along. 

Have a great week all of you.

Hettie

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful card you made...I love the birdcage and bird theme!

I bet she loved it as it is so lovely...I have seen a bit of this stamping off the page, like you did in your sentiment die on the inside. I must remember to try this as it looks great.

You would have loved the quilt retreat. It was only $35.00 for Thursday till Sunday!!! I was not taking part as you had to be a quilter to go. I just went over to take pictures and have a cup of tea with my friends.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card-so many gorgeous layers-very pretty :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Sarn said...

WOW Sam . .. this is flipping brilliant. LOVE IT.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wow Sam - you really excelled yourself here. A fabulous card - love the colours you chose (err, pinched from your friend's goodies?), it's absolutely perfect!

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

No cake Sam, but something else might be waiting for you when you get home :)

Hugs, Di xx

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous colours, and the dies are fab, love the veining on the flowers Karen x

Bonnie said...

How beautiful, Hettie! I love the bird cage and the flowers are gorgeous!

Mrs A. said...

Another card with super detailing on it. I love the blue flowers. Hugs Mrs a.