Monday 2 September 2013

Stencils and paste - Thank you


Hello Friends

September is here - how did that happen?


When I was playing with my stencils last I made up this piece but didn't make it up into anything.  I wanted to send a Thank you card for a friend who had sent me Happy Post so I had a rummage in my Snippets drawer and made this lickle card up to send her.

I am just going to pop over to the Playground to see what mayhem has happened over there this last weekend before the Snippeteers go back to school!

A Country Stencils stencil, Sweet Poppy past and Martha Stewart glitter.  Tim Holtz die and SU stamp.

Hugs

Hettie

7 comments:

Di said...

Hi Sam!

This is absolutely gorgeous - it looks rather like 'blackwork' cross stitch - very striking indeedy!

Yup, the Summer hols are almost over - I fully expect all the girlies to be sporting shiny new shoes etc. in the Playground :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

WOW - very striking and cool! xxx

Mrs A. said...

Yep. I got shiny new red ones. Well they were black but that was before I started jumping up and down on the black berries to get all the juice out for the cordial we are making round the back of the hen house away from Miss who knows nuffink about it. Likes your card thought for a minute you had been tangling along too!! Hugs Mrs A.

Cathy said...

Fantastic card Hettie, love the glittery look and the texture it gives. Makes we want to trace the patterns with my fingers! Cathy x

scrappymo! said...

Mmmmmm, looks like a quilt pattern!

Great idea to make it this way with the glitter...gives it a lot of impact!

Words and Pictures said...

No idea how it got to September - terrifying! Love this snippety card...
Alison x

Debs Willis said...

Love the monochrome look - very classy!

Debs x