Thursday 31 October 2013

Remind me never......

....to buy one of these scrapbook albums from the famous craft store in the UK!

When you get it home and open it you find that there are no plastic sleeves in there in which to put your layouts once completed.  Then you have to go on a 45 mile round trip to go and buy the said sleeves to put in.  When you get the sleeves they do not fit in the blasted album, despite being the same make as you can see from the photo below.

I then spent a happy hour or two faffing to punch the holes in the right place for the album only to find that the extension posts that are included in the sleeves do not fit the posts that are in the album.  To say the air was blue was an understatement.  

I also spent a few minutes trying to find any indication that the sleeves are not included only to find it in teeny tiny writing down the bottom of the back of the album.   My Hubby is an engineer but even he was tempted to throw the blasted thing out of the window.  It took both of us to get it sorted and complete posts with extension from another well known company to sort it.

Just a warning to you and a reminder for me NEVER to buy these again.  

Rant over.  Back to work now! Grrrrrrr!

Have a good day now!

Hettie

9 comments:

Debs Willis said...

Warning duly noted!! When I started scrapbooking I thought all page protectors were universal fit & quality - little miss naive! Soon learned my lesson!
You were very quick to visit the reindeer massacre :-)
Hugs
Debs xx

Sue said...

lots of huggles Sam I haven't tried scrapbooking yet but if I do I'll remember this Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Darnell said...

That's just plain nasty to sell the product like that. Thank you for the warning, Sam! Thank you to Mr. Hettie for sorting it out with you. He's a peach. Hugs, Darnell

Kyla said...

Oh I bet through air was as blue as white knickers washed with a brand new pair of jeans!

Whenever I go to HC I am nearly always disappointed.
Kyla

Kathleen said...

Gosh, thank goodness I don't scrapbook.

Kath x

Karen Petitt said...

you have much more patience that me huni, i would have taken it back xx

roffeycreations said...

That smacks of a rip off to me - fancy selling the cover with absolutely no inserts at all!! They usually have a few just so you can get started - glad the MR was able to help sort it out - Hugs Mxx

Kate said...

What a con! I've been splashing out on the ring binder type and definitely wouldn't return to postbound (unless I was making a little gift album)
~Kate~

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, pish tush... what a palaver. I promise to remind you!!
Alison x