Monday 25 November 2013

Rudolph Day - Last one of 2013!

Hello there Folks

Gosh today is the last Rudolph Day of 2013!!  It doesn't seem long ago that it was the first RD of 2013!

Before I start, you may want to get yourself a large coffee or something stronger as this is a loooong picture heavy post!  As promised I am sharing with you my little project I have been working on ready for December 2013.  Here goes....

Cover....Not very interesting as I decorate it at the end.  I am hoping to pick up a nice charm to dangle off the rings when I go to Bath with Miss and the Troublemaker on Saturday!
Inside cover..
Page 1....
Front cover of page one lifted....
Bottom flap of page 1 pulled down....
Back of page 1 and page 2....

Page 2 flap lifted.....
Back of page 2 and page 3....
Back of page 2 opened....
Page 3 lifted....


Behind the Silent Night and in other places there are gaps so that extra tags may be popped in later if needed.

Page 3 pulled down...
All the papers used are either a DCWV VOS mat pad, some of which I have struggled with using before as they are landscape and I tend to use portrait for my cards so they are perfick!  I have also used papers from the basket of Christmas Snippets and include papers used in previous Christmas Albums.  Also, like the Christmas trees and the flourish on page 3, they have been sent to me by kind bloggers.

Back of page 3 and Page 4.

Page 4 lifted.....


Page 4 second flap lifted....

Back of page 4 and page 5....


Page 5 lifted....


Back of page 5 and page 6....


Page 6 lifted....

Back of page 6 and back cover....




Can you see I have a new toy?  A We R MK envelope board.   Love it!

So there you have it.  This year's Christmas Album from me, all ready and waiting to go on Sunday 1st December.  Lots of punching, folding, snippets, VOS, stamping, die cutting and generally having fun making this year's Christmas Album.  I got the idea from a video I came across on YouTube but alas cannot now find it.  If you would like me to show you how to make it I will do a tutorial for you.  Let me know in the comments.  It is quite simple to do the basic page and then engineer it to your whim.  

Off to link this up to the last Rudolph Day of 2013 with my Buddy Sandra and also the Snippets Playground as this certainly used up a lot of Snippets in the making.  I am also linking this with Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes.

Alison has kindly suggested I also enter this into the Artistic Stamper Challenge - Christmas so that I am doing.  There are still a few days so why not enter a Christmas card in too?


Thanks for bearing with me.

Hugs

Hettie
x

19 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Wonderful!
Love it and especially love the bits of vintage that you used on the first inside page!!!

You are inspsiring me as I am currently working on a December Daily. I am hopeless about finishing pages completely ahead of time...but I am getting the covers and the basic part of the pages done.
Just chosing the design papers is half the fun..don't you think?

Yours is ever so fancy and wonderful...loving all the packets and flip up and down pages!

Amanda said...

Wow, that is amazing, love how organised you are too. Have fun in Bath, there is a fab pub called "the raven" that does the best pies I have ever tasted. Hugs, Amanda x

Di said...

Wow and double wow Miss Scallywag!! This is beeeeeeautiful!! Super snippety make and so much work has gone into it.

We could try 'The Raven' for lunch huh? Am still not 100% but it's always a slow process - keep the zimmer handy :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Goodness me Sam . . . what a lovely lot of pictures of your BEAUTIFUL Christmas album. So much work, lots of pretty papers and embellishments and heaps of interesting things going on.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Anonymous said...

I had to come and see what the longest entry to Sarn's Rudolph Day was! Wow and double wow, it's stunning and beautiful and clever and amazing... and you got it made in plenty of time, that's the most impressive thing!! It really is fantastic.

Hugs
Brenda

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, wow and wow again! What a fabulous mini... I'm a complete sucker for all those flaps and tabs and inserts and pockets and envelopes - and all the papers work so well together. A really fantastic creation... another wow for good measure!
Alison xx
(It's still "Christmas" over at the Artistic Stamper challenge too.)

Kathleen said...

Good grief, what a stunning creation, love all of it, great images and papers. Some lucky person will be over the moon with this.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

Tis bootiful and a stunning production. hugs Mrs A.

scrappymo! said...

Me again...just popped back to tell you that I cut the corner piece by quickcuts in my Big Shot.

I bought it because it is tiny and I have about 10 packages of those 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch cards to use up...I think there is 25 or more in each box! They are really lightweight...like notecards. So the small corner piece caught my eye...once you get the image on that type of card...there is not a lot of room left.

Those are the cards I give to Little Miss C and Little Mr P to make cards with! I am going to try to use up a lot of them in 2014...thought I would make boxed sets of 5 cards for gifts or for donation to Operation Red Nose!!!

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Hettie! So much attention to detail! Wow!

Terry said...

This is totally fabulous! So many details and I just love all the pages! Beautiful work! Enjoy the day!

Karen Petitt said...

WOWSER!!!
That is gorgeous, so much work went into it, absolutely stunning. Have fun with Miss and the trouble maker, better check her bag for any illicit substances lol! xx

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Sam! This is fabulous - love the way the pages open up to reveal even more pages and the papers, etc., are gorgeous. A brilliant way to use snippets. Elizabeth xx

Kimbo said...

This is fabulous - so much work gone into it, you must have started it in January. I love all the flaps and pockets - who would have known from the front cover what delights are inside. So sorry your trip has been cancelled x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

love this!.. and thank you for joining us in The Artistic Stamper Challenge

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

Kate Yetter said...

Awesome pages and papers! How wonderful that you have completed this years album. Now you can sit back and relax.
Kate

Debs Willis said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is A-maz-ing! Yes please to the tutorial, this is so cute I would love to make one for next year :-)
Hugs
Debs x

Kim said...

I so love your albums! Such great textures.