Sunday 23 February 2014

Butterflies and Flowers....Inspired by Pinterest

Hello Peeps

I hope you have had, or are still having a lovely weekend.  I have been doing a mixture of housework and craftwork today!  Unfortunately more house than craft!

Today I wanted to share a card that I was inspired by Pinterest to make.  I hope you like.....

Unfortunately I took the photo under electric light and not quite square on but I am sure you can get the effect of it.  I haven't made it for any other reason than I fancied making it and as it contains two flowers and butterflies I can join in with Mrs A's Butterflies Challenge and also take it to the Snippets Playground.  I fancy a green version now.  The inside has been left blank as I don't know who or what it is for yet, though I did put another butterfly in there.

To get the orange strip I used Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick DIs and all the black stamping was with Memento.  The double layered butterfly on the left was made using Snippets so I am off over to the Playground to see what mischief is occurring over there.

Have a good week everyone.

Hettie

16 comments:

MaryH said...

Definitely, definitely LIKE it!Love the postcard effect, and the collaging with the print & postmarks. Great way to visit Mrs. A's Butterfly challenge too, and it's lovely to see ya at the Snippets Playground too. I'm really liking this brightness of your colors. Can't wait to see the green version. TFS & Hugs

May said...

Fabulous creation Love the postcard effect...the blending of colours is fantastic...Love the stamps you have used...Brilliant work... Hugs May x x

Sally H said...

That is simply gorgeous, Hettie! I love it! I think you are right - green would be very good. See you in the playground x

Mrs A. said...

Thank you Hettie for sending me a bootiful postcard. By the colour of it your in a nice sunny place! Spotted the flowers and a green version would look super. hugs for fluttering by. Mrs A. (butterfly challenge.)

scrappymo! said...

Bet a green version of this lovely card will look fab! I love this version as it speaks of warm climates, glowing hot sun and relaxing!

Hard to imagine that as we have about 8 inches of snow and it is still coming down steady.

Poor DH...he got up at 4 am to watch the men's hockey and is so tired. He went to bed early but as luck would have it, couldn't sleep!
Poor son-in-law only got one hours sleep last night...even went back to bed today but couldn't sleep...men!!! lol

They are off tobogganing today and I would not be surprised if he fell asleep on the toboggan!

scrappymo! said...

Me again...forgot to ask...How do you get your images to remain square when you photograph them.
I am terrible at that. Any tips?

Di said...

Oooer Sam, I adore this. Beautiful and vibrant!

Hugs, Di xx

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous deep vibrant colour and you can't go wrong with butterflies Sam!! Sorry I've been AWOL for so long, lovely to 'see' you again :D x

Irene said...

Sam, your card is stunning. The black and orange are both outstanding and compliment each otherperfectly. Ooooooooooooo a green version, can't wait.
luv
irene
xxxx

Bonnie said...

Love these oranges and they look gorgeous with the blue!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great card! I love how one side is deeply colored and busy with so much to look at and the other side is CAS and serene yet still has the same colors in it. Very nice!

Kathleen said...

Great distressing and fab choice of colours.

Kath x

Sarn said...

Lovely card Sam . . . very vibrant and luscious xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the glowing inky colours - brilliantly blended and splattered. And the positive/negative look is so cool! Fabulous stamping...
Alison x

lisa said...

The better weather makes you want to do jobs doesn't it?, well it did me, I ended up spring cleaning all weekend, lol!!!! At least that means I can craft with a clear concious!! Love the card you made after your cleaning, Sam, those colours are gorgeous. Pinterest is fab for inspiration isn't it!
Hugs Lisax

Kim said...

Love these colors and card!! Did you mask the white areas? I saw one like that; but just couldn't keep the white areas clean...
Have a great weekend!