Thursday 27 February 2014

Happy Anniversary....


Hello There Peeps

How you all doing on this Thursday?  We have actually had some glorious sunshine this morning, but it has dulled over in the last few minutes.  Let's hope it comes back!  I heard mention of the S word at Dancing last night and I don't mean the yellow thing that we see in the sky!!!  I hope it doesn't happen.

I want to thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post re the Christmas Album and Rudolph Day cards.  They were greatly appreciated.  

Rightio.  On to today's little offering.

My dear friend and her Hubby were celebrating their wedding anniversary last weekend.  I have a list on which I mark up coming birthdays, anniversaries etc, and I usually put things on there for the next month, so now the list is showing all March  events.  Well the Anniversary card had been on there and I kept thinking it was ok as it was towards the end of the month.  However, on Friday night about 9.30 pm I suddenly thought that OMG it was TOMORROW!!!!  So off I rushed upstairs and half an hour later I came down with this......

The background piece is a 6x6 sheet of my MME (I told you she was a dear friend!) which I stamped with the birdie corner stamp , the bird and a lickle tiny butterfly on the right hand side.  I had a rummage in my Snippets box for some card to stamp on and layer with the birdie in the cage.  Out popped this yellow piece (MME again) and a bright pink piece of card, which did not look good against the MME paper, so I inkied it with Rusty Hinge DI.
I layered the pieces, flipped the teeny tiny last bit of the MME paper over and stamped "enchanting" and then swirled stickles on the flowers.  I hope you can see the effect on the card.  I love these stamps and came free with a paper pack, by Prima, on a card magazine.  I have not bought a card magazine for ages, and to be frank I was disappointed with it but the stamps and paper made up for that!

I did some further stamping inside as well as the love poem that was on my Valentines Day card.  I called by their house on my way to quilting before they went off to their little romantic getaway.  Please do not tell my friend I nearly forgot her card.  I blame it on being poorly for the previous two weeks!

Off to link this up with Di at the Snippets Playground.  I understand that there are no nice hunky men sorting the fence so I shall not stay long as I haven't got my souwester!  It is really dark and miserable outside now.

Nearly the weekend.  Anything planned?  The recipient of this card is up for us to have a fun day of natter and scrapbooking so really looking forward to it.

Hettie

13 comments:

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeousw card! To thinkyou madeit so quickly...that would take me a couple of hours! I like the papers you chose and the pretty stamp too. Your magazine freebiew always amaze me!

Nothing here yet...but my mail tales forever. We think the lady stockpiles and delivers certain routes on certain days...lol

We will have nothing for days (including the neighbours and then we all will have mail on the same day! Our mail is delivered by sub contractors as Canada Post contracted out the work rather than use the traditional mailman/mailwoman we used to have!

Now I will be stalking the mail lady! teehee

Sarn said...

Cor, well done for remembering in the nick of time! Lovely creation Sam. I'm sure they will be pleased with it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bonnie said...

What beautiful paper, Sam! Go you, making this beauty in 30 minutes! I do the same thing and either my cards are way too early or way too late!

Di said...

Wow - speed crafting huh? It's a fabulous card Sam - just perfect!

Hugs, Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a gorgeous card! That paper you used is fabulous. Your friend must really rank to get such a wonderful card!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous creation, in such a short time too, I should be so lucky would take me that long to wonder what the heck I was going to do lol. I love MME papers but not seen that one before, love the flower.

Kath x

Terry said...

Those papers are just gorgeous and you combined them so beautifully with the focal die cut and image! I know they loved their card! Have fun!

Sue said...

Fab papers Sam totally gorgeous huggles Sue xxx

fairy thoughts said...

HALF AN HOUR.... Is that speed crafting or what ... Gorgeous I have just remberedd it isn't brothers birthday tomorrow agh going out so haven't even got the half hour. Hopefully I have something in my just in case box.
Have a good week
Janet @38

Di said...

Just added a *3* to your third snippets entry Miss Hettie!

Hugs

Di
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - I love those shimmering flower heads, and the birdcage is stunning over the baroque flourishes. A brilliant card (all the more so for being half an hour's work - aren't deadlines useful!)... fabulous!
Alison x

MaryH said...

Hard to believe this gorgeous card was a fast last minute one! Those beautiful papers made this sweet card come alive with color, and your birdcage was an inspired stamping with the flowers. Like that corner stamp & the tiny b/fly nestled there among the flowers. The stickles glistened on my monitor when your card scrolled up, so very sparkly too. Great job to celebrate a good friend's special day! TFS & Hugs

Darnell said...

It's amazing what we can create under pressure, isn't it?! The advantage of doing this for years. You turned out an incredibly gorjus anniversary card, Sam, a true gift that will be treasured!! Hugs, Darnell