Sunday 13 July 2014

50 Again!!

Hello There!

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend.  It has been lovely weather here in Wales this weekend and I had a friend visiting on Friday evening and staying the night.  A jolly evening was spent just talking and drinking one or two glasses of vino.  We then went to an Arts and Crafts Show in Caerleon before I dropped her home on Saturday afternoon.  Today has been tending to my Girls, washing while the weather was good and a little crafting.  

I thought I would share a birthday card I made for one of the girls in work recently.  Seems to be a year of Big Birthdays. 




I used my Tonic dies, some Snippets, ribbon, Quickutz dies for the 50, Memory Box butterfly and some pins in the bow. The background paper is VOS. 

I am off down to the Snippets Playground to show the play buddies.  Why not join in?

Thanks for popping in and I hope you have a good week.

Hettie

14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Super use of those dies and love the colour combo. Hope the girls enjoyed their wash and dried between their claws. Hugs mrs A.

Carol L said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous with that purple color and all those delicate dies! What a festive way to celebrate a milestone birthday!

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty colours my dear. And I notice she is a spring chicken...well at least by my elderly standards!

A lovely parcel was waiting in my mail box when we arived home from the lake today. Will write up an email in the next couple of days to catch up...but wanted to say thanks a bunch...I LOVE it! Can't wait toi get it inky!!!

Sarn said...

A FABULOUS FIFTY card here Sam. Very intricate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Wunnerful card there Hettie.. certainly bright and cheery. How are your girls? Hope they are looking after puggles well :)
Just thought you should know. I had two emails in my Spam mail with an addy hettiecraft@gmail.com. they have very little info with an embedded link in them. I deleted them of course.
But just thought it was odd with your blog name on it that's all. To be honest if had not seen the hettiecraft bit wouldn't have opened them but when saw two of them I became suspicious. Hopefully isn't your addy hacked.. but an unrelated occurrence.
Shaz in Oz x

scrappymo! said...

Me again!
Forgot to say that I am loving those dies you used. After I saw this card, I cut a bunch of lavender dies to layer up...just have to pick my second colour!
The butterfly is so pretty on this...and I think I might have the same Bfly die!!!

Eldest daughter is 40 in Jan and will be looking for cards for all her friends turning the same...this may just fill the ticket!

Will link back to you of course.

Hugs
Mo

Kyla said...

A couple of days away, sunny and some crafting, whats not to like? Lovely card too.

Kyla

Sue said...

Love those dies Sam and such a gorgeous colour huggles Sue xx

Eliza said...

Wow what a splendid card and those dies are fantastic.

Hugs Eliza

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous dies and love your colour combo, brilliant card.

Kath x

Di said...

Ooooh, Sam, this is fabby! LOVE the colours you used and such lovely dies as well. Great 50th card!

Hugs, Di xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very pretty! And purple. Looking good!

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely filigree layers, and the colours are so zingy together - definitely a special card for a special birthday.
Alison xx

Debs Willis said...

Sam those colours work really well. Not tried any of the tonic dies but these are gorgeous!
Hugs
Debs x